Dear friends of UETS,
On behalf of the faculty, staff and students of Ukrainian Evangelical Theological Seminary, let me extend to you my warmest greetings this Christmas! This season we are praising God for all He gives us each year and for His immeasurable gift in the birth of Jesus Christ.
Despite all of the difficulties in connection with the COVID-19 pandemic, the year 2020 has been a great year for UETS, with a number of accomplishments made possible by God’s grace through your prayers and financial support. Here are a few of the year’s highlights:
- non-stop training of indigenous church leaders through combined online and offline learning
- first fully online program in Foundations of Mission and Church Ministry was launched
- great enrollment both in resident and non-resident programs witnessed
- interim graduation held at our regional school in Kyrgyzstan, Central Asia
- a course on the essence of Christianity was delivered to public officials in one of the Muslim countries in Central Asia
- women’s, theology, and music conferences were held
- more than a hundred needy families in the neighborhood were visited during the lockdown
For the coming year please pray:
- that God would keep the doors open for us to effectively carry out His mission in Ukraine, Eastern Europe and Central Asia
- for an end to the ongoing war in Eastern Ukraine, which in the last six years has claimed more than 12,000 lives
- for the Lord to keep UETS students, faculty and staff safe during the pandemic
We can only attribute these accomplishments to the grace of God. As we commemorate His birth, we would like to thank Him for blessing us with a family like you. May His love fill your hearts and homes with unending grace. May the Lord’s blessings be upon you and your families and may He grant you a fresh measure of renewed hope and strength this holiday season.
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
Sincerely yours in Christ,
Rev. Ivan Rusyn